Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Cinematic Alphabet

Thanks to the prompting of the wondrous Rupert Pupkin Speaks (which was in turn influenced by Sherrie at citizenrobot.com) I have put together my person Cinematic Alphabet - documenting my favorite (or pretty darn close) film for each letter of the alphabet. I apologize if you see these same films pop up on other's lists, but I've tried to vary as much as possible while still being true to my genre-loving taste. 

Let's begin!

A is for ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN

B is for BATTLE ROYALE

C is for CATCH-22

D is for DR.STRANGELOVE: OR HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LOVE THE BOMB

E is for THE EVIL DEAD

F is for FREAKS

G is for THE GENERAL

H is for HALLOWEEN

I is for INHERIT THE WIND

J is for JAWS

K is for THE KILLER

L is for LEGEND OF DRUNKEN MASTER

M is for MASTER KILLER

N is for NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

O is for OLDBOY

P is for PINK FLAMINGOS

Q is for QUADROPHENIA

R is for RUSHMORE

S is for SUSPIRIA

T is for THE THING

U is for UNFORGIVEN

V is for VERTIGO

W is for WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

X is for X: THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES

Y is for YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN

Z is for ZOMBIE

2 comments:

Unknown said...

no thinking, no research. first movie to pop in my head that I like.

A is for After Dark, My Sweet
B is for Babe: Pig In The City
C is for Casualties Of War
D is for Dawn Of The Dea
E is for Empire Of The Sun
F is for Free Enterprise
G is for The Great Gatsby
H is for Heathers
I is for The Incredibly True Story Of Two Girls In Love
J is for Jacobs Ladder
K is for The Killer
L is for Lollilove
M is for Mars Attacks
N is for Near Dark
O is for Open Water
P is for Phenomena
Q is for The Quiet Earth
R is for Repo Man
S is for SPIELBERG
T is for Terminator 2: Judgement Day
U is for Up In The Air
V is for Violent Cop
W is for Watership Down
X is for X2 (?)
Y is for The Year My Voice Broke
and Z is for Zapped.

deadlydolls said...

niiiiiiiice. I'll get my list up later in the week. Choosing a W and S was one of the hardest things ever.